Thursday, December 30, 2004

The Trip (Day01)

Family Road Trip

Fully clad with sporty shorts, sexy tops, and comfortable sneakers. Our bags were filled with munchies and lots of other trip stuff… everybody seemed to be so keyed up. All geared, we headed up North for our long awaited break. But for me, this much looked-for holiday is something else.

I have much longed for a time-off… Time-off for myself, for my soul, for my mind and for my heart.

After the long, nonetheless exhilarating 4hour-drive (with stop over and all), we settled to our chosen spaces. I lazed on my bed with eyes closed… pleasing to the spirit, a fresh ambience, it’s such a respite. “Hey! Wake up sleepy head!” A shrill voice has awakened me… So much for the stillness I was embracing! “Bumangon ka dyan! We went here for a grand time dude!” It was my cousin Mark, bugging me. Oh well, he’s right! I shouldn’t ravage my stay… I must take pleasure in. Besides, that’s my chief purpose why I was here. “Yeah… umalis ka na sa harap ko, bago ko maasar syo,” I said as I push him away.


I had to convince myself that I was here for a luxurious escape.

Christmas day was cool, a little exhausting though. My angel has received fine pricey presents from everyone (not to mention cash presents..hoho!)… We splurged on opening the gifts the whole day. It’s a bonding moment for us and it was indeed fun. Before this trip, I made sure everything’s well taken care of. At least I know my baby’s all good while I’m away for a few days.

“Ate, ano itinerary for today? We must waste no time… mag-ikot na tayo agad!” Karen asked. Trust me, they really are so energized! “Lunch somewhere, ocean adventure in the afternoon, bahala na sa gabi,” was my response. And so we went on as planned.

Night came. It was time to rest… or at least just for me, ‘coz all of them we’re all so eager to welcome the next day with their eyes still opened. Drinking assembly (till you drop) was programmed for nights of day01, day02, day03...

Day1 was satisfactory. It was fun and everybody didn’t seem to mind the warm temperature we have dealt with during the day tour. Though for me, this day1 of my supposed holiday was just some mundane activity. Kim, I think noticed what the doldrums was. She’s a younger cousin of mine. More than anyone else, she’s more like the sensitive type of person. That’s the reason why I think she effortlessly deemed something was wrong with me… or if not wrong, I was not in my usual feisty mood.

“Ate, may problema ka ba?” She asked. I looked at her with a beam on my face, I said everything was good. Except that I guess I was just tired of the long trip. And then she said, “Oh, okay. Feeling ko kasi may problema ka. Iba ka ngayon eh. Nagsa-smile ka, pero hindi abot sa mata... gets mo?” Then turned her back and walked towards the door.

How could she discern such?

No comments: