Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

Candy Cane Smiley
I thought of him today.

Have yourself a merry little Christmas

Let your heart be light
From now on our troubles will be out of sight
Have yourself a merry little Christmas
Make the yuletide gay
From now on our troubles will be far away…

“Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas!” The chant I heard on the radio. I guess that’s the best thing to say to him. It’s all disappointments and frustrations for him in the year that was… from what I know.

Peace of mind, contentment and affluence are my paramount wishes for him this Christmas. Some or I’d say most of my friends, beyond doubt will give me a good spanking for it. I sincerely am making an effort to put everything behind. Yet, it is here. I know I’ll recover from it in next to no time… I just don’t know exactly when.

…Once again as in olden days

Happy golden days of yore
Faithful friends who are dear to us
Gather near to us once more…

During this time of the year we are such gushy beings. Family, relatives and friends are just everywhere. Even to our enemies, we pose for truce. He used to tell me, he doesn’t have friends. Not that he don’t want them; just close to it. Why? He has definitely given me a reason, it was not sensible enough though for me. “Friendship comes with commitment and responsibility. I already have lots of responsibilities and obligations to take care of. I can’t handle it anymore.” That’s more or less how he said it. I hope he changes his mind this holiday season and let true friends come close to him.

…Through the years we all will be together

If the fates allow
Hang a shining star upon the highest bough
And have yourself a merry little Christmas now…

As the song fades, I mulled over. Everybody deserves to have a Merry Christmas. Even him; he ought to have a Merry Christmas. It is an occasion for love, hope and peace. It’s a time to disregard anger and hurt. Time to forgive and forget (I’m just not so sure about this).

I thought about myself today.
And I guess I'll be telling the same thing...

…Hang a shining star upon the highest bough
And have yourself a merry little Christmas now…


“…Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas, Khristine.”

No comments: