Saturday, December 04, 2004

All Endings Are Beginnings (scene1)

Crying 2
One Last Cry
My shattered dreams and broken heart
Are mending on the shelf
I saw you holding hands
Standing close to someone else
Now I sit all alone
Wishing all my feelings was gone
I gave my best to you
Nothing for me to do
But have one last cry

One last cry
Before I leave it all behind
I gotta put you out of my mind this time
Stop living a lie
I guess I'm down to my last cry

I was here
You were there
Guess we never could agree
While the sun shines on you
I need some love to rain on me
Still I sit all alone
Wishing all my feelings was gone
Gotta get over you
Nothing for me to do
But have one last cry

One last cry
Before I leave it all behind
I gotta put you out of my mind
For the very last time
Been living a lie
I guess I'm down,
I guess I'm down
I guess I'm down...
I guess I'm down...
To my last cry...

(Based on true to life story...)

“Hey…” he said with a pat on my back. I gave a glimpse and said “hi.”

That’s our usual greeting. Well before, “hey!” comes with a kiss… things change you know. It was about a week ago since I last saw him. Naghiwalay pa nga kaming magka-away, lagi naman eh. As he settles down, I readied myself. I should be ready; I was the one who asked for this talk in the first place. He asked for a cigarette. At least I was ready for that. I bought 2 packs of it, (for him and mine) just before I went to Starbucks (our meeting place) to meet him. “You want anything from here?” It’s a disease… I always ask him that. “No, I’m okay, thank you.” That was his response.

“You said you wanted to talk. What is it about?” That’s his standard, no more beating around the bush. This is the start of it… I’m not backing out… I can do this! “Yosi ka muna...” was my reply. I know it didn’t answer his question, but I had to buy time… I didn’t rehearse at all. I told myself to just spill out everything what’s in my mind. Tell him everything that I’ve always wanted to tell him, ask him everything that I’ve always wanted to ask and let him know how I truly feel. And that is NOW; at this exact moment.

I looked at him intently. Thinking on what, where and how to start on… questions just came gushing out of my lips. The kids, "the relationship," about her, about him, about me. He answered each and every issue truthfully… I guess, I hope. In that particular moment it was as if we were in the old times. Well, not that “old.” It was just recent, yeah, but it felt like the things that we were talking about happened 10 years ago. As if it was all in the past; actually, its now all in the past. We ended up laughing at it… me, hurting inside though. I didn’t have to tell him that... What for? No use.

Coffee, cigs and a little chit-chat, it was getting late. “Did you eat dinner na?” I asked. ”Not yet… But I’m good, no problem.” He said. “Let’s go? Sabay ka na sa akin uwi…” I offered, and he agreed. “Drive thru na rin tayo sa McDonald’s… gusto ko ng twister fries eh.” Just right after I said that, he gave me that surprised smiling look. “Wow, is that you?! Dati ayaw na ayaw mo ng McDonald’s ah!” "Lahat nga kasi nagbabago..." I said and then just gave him a beam. At least that, he remembers. May alam pa rin pala siya sa akin…

We started to walk towards the parking lot. Naisip ko yung dati... we used to hold hands while walking (HHWW), ngayon hindi na. Things change nga eh, ang kulit! We got in the car, drive thru McDonald’s, then headed home. While preparing our fast food meal, naisip ko parang tulad pa rin ng dati... Meron pa rin palang hindi nagbago sa amin kahit papano! Tapos sabi ko, “beh, paki-ayos naman to…” He smiled and said, “I appreciate that.” “Ang alin?” I asked.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh okay! so you meant it when you said it was part1?! Bitin!!! true to life ba ito? parang LOTR ha! wag naman sana next year pa part2 nito! ------abieganda

Anonymous said...

the only permanent thing in this world is the word CHANGE. but its okay... if the change's for the better, it sure is worth it. madrigal_le

Always RED said...

leche!!!!kelan to? ba't di ko yata alam? ay! girl nagsisinungaling ka na sakin...Di mo to kinikwento...siguro super close na kayo ni trish no? gadamit!!!susumbong kita kay antonio ant maelyn...