Saturday, January 08, 2005

The Trip (End Of Day02)



But that’s how life really is, to my belief. Every single element, each detail, all actions that we make… it all has its particular reason and purpose. We may not always understand why these things come to pass; nevertheless in the closing stages, we’ll figure that it was necessary to take place.

“No. Seriously, tatawagan kita pagbalik namin ng Manila. Kakabalik ko lang kasi and the holiday season made it impossible for me to get in touch with you agad. Gatherings here and there; Na-miss yata ako ng lahat.. Mom was all over me too! Buti daw naisipan ko pang umuwi.” He’s not getting it, does he? He kept rubbing in the issue while I try hard to steer clear of it. And how am I supposed to react?

Everyone recognized him and gave their hellos. Well, most of them really approved of him back then. Why not? He’s cool, nice, thoughtful and easy to get along with. He took time in getting to know my family. My sister found the ‘kuya’ she’s been wanting all her life. Little kids in my family adored him. He loved me more than life itself… and now I’m thinking, 'What really went wrong?' I settled on talks about what’s up and how are things going for him. He harmonized. I guess he somehow understood that we shouldn’t rush in discussing intricate concerns for now. I walked with him; went to see his friends, our friends. They were as glad as I. We chose not to talk about the past. Just leave it where it’s buried. It’s over and done after all. At least everyone’s having a good life now or am I?

At last it was time to leave.

“I better be going. It’s almost 6p and magna-night market pa raw kami mamaya. Kayo?” I said. He asked if they can join the other guys tonight for their drinking session.. he said he missed the guys and that he wants to go and catch up with them as well. Did I have a choice? So this wouldn’t be the last time I’ll be seeing him. “Sure. That’ll be fun for them. Sasabihin ko kina Mark.” I said it as if I didn’t feel any quiver inside me.

We said our goodbyes, it’s actually more of ‘until tonight.’ Tonight’s gonna be a long night for me. And tomorrow’s not even sure of what looms.

'Qe Cera, cera..


Only God knows. Whatever will be, will be..

No comments: