Thursday, January 13, 2005

The Trip (Day03)


In the past couple of months, the circumstances I had to deal with were utterly intricate. People close to me knew there was something wrong; still they were polite enough not to ask. They regarded my silence, nevertheless I knew they were all ready to hearten; I only needed to sound it out.

This is the very reason why we’re all here for a break! This was their idea.

We spent our morning of day03 at the Boardwalk, picture-taking and video. Lunch at the beach, the guys went jet skiing. And in the afternoon, we visited other vacationer spots outside the base. We certainly exhausted our stay. It was fun though.

Dear. This is our last night here...

The night was idyllic. I wanted to cuddle its immobility for I knew as soon as we go home; we’re all back at the ranch … To the demanding and exhausting metropolis, lives back to normal. I wondered how the change of milieu and ambiance make one person change his viewpoint, if not in the totality of life, at least to some of its beliefs. I, if truth be told would tell it is spot on. This grand escape from the fast-phased, hectic world I’m into made me realize some imperative niceties that I haven’t acknowledged since I engaged myself to wallowing back then. I never knew this trip will make a great change in me, in my life. The smiling sunny heavens showed subsequently the gloomy sky that seemed to chase me wherever I go. I never imagined this would lead me to let off. Mainly persons who have caused me so much hurt.

I closed my eyes and let myself feel the cold December air. It offers a soothing, comforting sensation for my heart and my soul.

“I have always adored your long, thick eyelashes.” For awhile I thought I was just hearing things, a deep tone at that. But when I opened my eyes, I saw him next to me, looking at me intently. I quivered. He had always given me nice commentaries. He likes the way I carry myself, my fashion style, how I take care of my friends, how I love my family, etc, etc. “Nagulat naman ako syo! Why are you still here? I thought you guys were supposed to leave this afternoon?” I asked. “Sudden change of plans lang.” he replied. “Ah, okay. What brought you back here? Makiki-dinner ka? Hindi pa tapos magluto sila Apple eh. Pass ako ngayon, ako na kagabi di ba?” I storied, just to keep myself natural. He might just notice I’m shaking because of his nearness. I still could not believe I’m back chit-chatting with him. I, by no means thought this scene will ever take place again. “Sobra. Hindi pa talaga ko nagdi-dinner but its not the reason why I’m here. Loko ka talaga!” He was laughing. We were laughing. And then he said, “Gusto talaga kita makausap… Pwede na siguro ngayon?”

No comments: