Wednesday, January 05, 2005

The Trip (Day02)



“How could she discern such?” Kim sensed I was hurting… Was I that obvious? Never mind. There’s no reason for denying… what’s the use?

I got up last the following day. They were all up and about, 8a! “Ate, 3hours pa lang tulog namin halos… grabe ka, ikaw mukhang antok pa rin?!" Spoilsport, that’s how I am for them. And so I decided to make it up to them.
“Okay, today’s day tour and lunch at the beach.”

Never did I know, this day’s about to bring back times of yore.

After our exhausting day tour, as planned, we had our lunch at the beach and went swimming after. Everybody’s taking pleasure in embracing each and every surge that’s touching their exposed skins. Tired, I sat facing the deep and play on with my feet what's left of the wave. The noise around didn’t seem to carry some weight. I’m having a grand time, I thought. And I was thankful.

“Can I help you?” It was a man’s tone, I wasn’t sure if I’m the one being asked, though. “Mukha bang kailangan ko ng saklolo? Hindi naman ako nalulunod, bakit may nagtatanong kung kailangan ko raw ng tulong?” It was weird. I was talking to myself. Uncertain, I turned to my right and I found out who the owner of the voice was… him, sitting next to me! ”Holy angel of all angels! How did you know I was here?!” Yaikks! Tama ba yung sinabi ko? Parang mali! Parang feeling ako masyado… as if ako talaga sinadya niya dito! “Paano mo naman nasabi na ikaw sinadya ko? Bawal na ba ko pumasyal dito?” He laughed, more of amused. What can I do? I was shocked, taken aback, stunned… whatever you call it. He was the last person I intended to see or even just by chance to bump into wherever. “Sorry! I was just really surprised to see you here. Akala ko nasa States ka? That’s the last I heard from some friends…” I replied with an appalling air on my face. “How are you? Kelan ka pa dumating? What are you doing here? When are you leaving for the US again?” I asked him continuously. Parang gusto ko nang sagutin niya lahat para matapos na… I want to disappear. “Whoa! Wait, isa-isa lang hun… natataranta ko sa mga tanong mo eh.” he answered while giving me his all-time killer beam.

Fate. I guess it was providence that led us to come across each other again. Whatever the intention was… I’m about to find out.

No comments: