Monday, January 17, 2005

Free Will

It's Over 1
It was a Sunday; a time-out from the exhausting works for everyone.

Bruce Almighty… Who would have thought a Jim Carrey film, will make one whimper? However, I did shed tears. It was again shown in Star Movies and luckily, we were able to catch it from start to finish. Well, most of the scenes were, yeah, funny. But the message it passed on was not something to undervalue. It surely is salient.

Ang daming scenes na nakaka-touch yung lines. It was so real. One can definitely relate, be it a man or a woman. I’m sharing these two scenes that in fact hit me. Not for any superficial emotional reason but I just felt that it was sincere.

Scene 1
Bruce:
“She left me!
God: “I know.”
Bruce: “She’ll take me back. She’ll take me back… she’ll take me back, right?”
God answered by moving His shoulders, giving Bruce that ‘who-knows’ look.
Bruce: “How can you make someone love you without messing with free will?”
God: “Welcome to My world, son. When you find the answer to that question, you let Me know...”

Scene 2
Bruce: “Hi.”
Grace: “Hi.”
Bruce: “How are you?”
Grace: “I’m good.”
Bruce: “Yeah (smiles)?”
Grace: “Yeah. What are you doing here?”
Bruce: “Today’s my premiere for anchor.”
Grace: “Oh, that’s great. Congratulations!”
Bruce: “Thank you… I missed you!”
Grace: “Bruce, please...”
Bruce: “I did the first move. It’s now all in you.”
Grace: “I’m sorry, I have to go.”
As grace leaves, Bruce makes bizarre and funny actions as he tries to spellbind Grace, asking her to comeback and love her again.
Bruce: “Love me… love me… love me again...”
Grace: “Have you gone really insane?!”
Bruce: “Love me… love me… love me…”
Grace: “I did.”
And then grace turns her back, leaving Bruce looking so vulnerable. Bruce looks up and talks to God.
Bruce: “Yeah, I know… free will.”

No comments: