Tuesday, February 08, 2005

The Past

Cold Water
It’s true… No matter how happy you are now or how far away you’ve come, you will always dream of going back.

It was something I have proven last night. For one to be able to move forward completely, he or she would need to go back, in one way or another. ‘Going back’ would mean embracing times of yore; Acceptance of things that’s over and done. And the realization, you have become a better person after the misery the past has whacked you.

Things between us haven’t changed much; or at least for me. Except of course for the fact, we have managed to live our lives individually and unconnected with each other. He looked good. Well, given that he seemed able-bodied superficially, other than that, he said he was still pretty much the same. I saw longing in his eyes. He yearns for serenity, contentment or affection maybe? Only he knows.

As for myself, I have confirmed my genuine sentiment. I am okay. I have successfully survived the path to mending and recuperation. I got hold of what I have been long working for; have been long praying for. The familiar affection’s still there, nonetheless. I’m guessing it’ll take time for it to peter out. In any case, I’m game to hold my horses and let fate hand over to me my most awaited outcome.

For now, I am all right.

It’s good. It’s all good.

1 comment:

Always RED said...

well..you are absolutely right..about the past that is..one thing that really bothers me is that..he looks alright?contented?with what?i guess people like him feels good even if they do bad. Im not really that unforgiving but it takes somesort of a level on my scale on when,why or how should i forgive a person..if he is a person..but on my scale..no comment! Thats good..you survived, you forgave and still trying to forget..keep it up!!nice job.as for me? nah..i'll just reserve my time in forgiving and forgetting to those people who really deserves it..