Monday, March 28, 2005

Make Or Break

Couldn't Be Better
It is when you look back and dredges up undertakings in the past that you realize, those helped sculpt your moral fiber at present. It may be hurtful or even wounding and haunting happenings; nevertheless it rallied round you to be a better person now. Then, I was discontented of some things; I always felt like something’s missing. I wasn’t sure what it was; all I know was there’s a thing or two that need to ensue for me to feel complete.. Satisfied.

I thought now, “bakit nga ba ang tao walang contentment?” Blessings have been pouring ceaselessly, still you keep asking for more. When difficulties arise, you ask questions. You hold God or other people accountable for it. You tell yourself you don’t deserve the sufferings you face. And then you start to defy the norms, and change your way of life. Hay ang tao talaga..

The question now, change for the better or you get worse?

As for me, it worked well. I have learned to accept whatever comes and what’s there to come; whatever will be, will be. I have bowed to welcome all the comings and goings of my life with a positive outlook. I still feel pain though. The difference between then and now.. Now, I don’t whine and grumble to a great extent straight away. I realized how blessed I am; and learned to be appreciative of all things that come, both the good and the not so good. I say a tacit thank you to those who have caused me hurt some time ago. I am what I am now because I have come across people like them. The sting of the past set me out to take in a lot that I have missed and undervalued at one time.

I am a better person now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well its like this...."Watching you walk out of my life hasn't made me bitter or cynical about love, but rather, it has shown me that if I wanted so badly to be with the wrong person, how beautiful it will be when the right one comes along."

periwinkle --- twelvefifteen said...

yeah.. i guess the saying's right. thank you for the comment.