Monday, September 19, 2005

The Good News.

Pregnant Smiley
I had a soothing rub last night, which makes it a really good night sleep for me and a pleasant first light when I woke up this morning. I was excited, tensed at the same time. I’m scheduled for a Congenital Anomalies Ultrasound at 830am.

We were first to arrive when we got to the consulting room. The assistant said that the Doctor’s on his way and will be there any moment. I sat down, read the Sunday’s paper and tried to appease myself while waiting. Ten minutes or so, the doctor walked in the room and his assistant called on my name. Nag-sign of the cross pa ko habang pinapahiga ako and nagpe-prepare yung doctor ng gamit niya. While he was gliding the instrument on my belly at a snail's pace, he started to ask about my pregnancy. I answered each and every question, and then I slowly felt at ease. “Doc, makikita nyo na po if girl or boy sya?” I asked. “We’ll see, looks like a girl..” The doctor said. “Complete po yung fingers nya sa kamay and paa? Buo naman po yung lahat ng parts niya?” I realized, ang dami kong tanong, hindi naman kaya makulitan tong si doc?

Until at last he smiled and looked my way, “Tin, its a baby girl! Nakita ko na organ nya, gumalaw eh. Due to deliver is January 19, 2006.” It seemed the room was suddenly filled with cheerful and light thoughts. We were so, so pleased to hear the good news. Before this schedule, I prayed. I asked Him, “Lord, girl or boy, I just want him/her normal and healthy.. A healthy, safe and normal delivery for me, too.” God has given me so many blessings, I’m so thankful.

I would like to share this good news to all of you, my family, my friends, and to all who frequents this site. I know you too are as pleased to be part of this wonderful episode in my life.

More updates soon. Thank you!

1 comment:

Brew B. said...

I'm happy for you and yours. Congratulations!