Wednesday, April 27, 2005

An Open Letter

Angel
To my dear Rizel,


It’s a girl! Congratulations!

We are all excited to see the baby.. Althea Louise! Damn, I don’t know if I got the right spelling of the name. Whatever!

I know it’s a blissful feeling.. No one can ever describe such sentiment; all you’re aware of is that, she is the greatest present you ever received from God. Nine long months you’ve waited; that all you could ever do is feel her, sense her, talk to her like she’s just in front of you.

Friday, April 08, 2004.. To the delivery room of the hospital you go. You give all your strength, along with it is your most intense prayer that both of you endure the difficult procedure. And now, the moment has come; you readied yourself to finally see her. An hour or so passed and the doctor wakes you up, tells you, ‘Rizel, it’s a baby girl!’ And then you take notice of a small voice crying. Your angel from heaven is in flesh. She has come.

Everyone in the room’s engaged with their responsibilities, all in such a hurry, while you, start to get so moved because the doctor has handed you, your most valued possession.. your baby angel. You don’t even notice what your doctor and her juniors do to you. You’re still overwhelmed by the thought that she came from you, alive and in the pink. You both survived the first ever challenge the two of you shared. Your teary eyes are set to the little angel while saying a thank you prayer to the Lord.

You are now a mother. And I know you will be a very loving, caring and supportive kind. Trust me when I say it’ll be a tough task, but it sure is worth all the pain and sacrifices. Being a mother is a gift, not everyone gets the chance to be one.. It is a blessing and you should be grateful for it. Certainly I’d say it is the most rewarding career in the whole world.

I love you Rizel! Len and I will always be here for you and for Iya. Sweet kisses to the angel.


With all the love in my heart, TinTin

No comments: