Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Shattered Glass.. Up Close.

Pinocchio
"No man, for any considerable period, can wear one face to himself, and another to the multitude, without finally getting bewildered as to which may be true."


Stephen Glass’ story in the movie ‘Shattered Glass’ wasn’t a customary one. Well, not one until I’ve come to meet someone who lives a life just exactly like his.. Very.

All the while I thought I lent my hand to someone worthy. Somebody who’d value and set great store by the assistance we or I, for that matter, offered him. People who knew this person say he has the same fibs to everyone.. ‘All-but-sad-stories.’ I’d say I (we) was (were) duped. It was an experience, though; an occurrence that one wouldn’t want to happen again. Not in this lifetime.

Most of them said the person is a compulsive liar; that ‘honesty’ is definitely not his favorite word. Somebody who’s so good in lying that he himself believes what he’s saying is true and bona fide.. So is Stephen Glass. It’s a pity. They say no wonder he has no friends. No one wanted to stay close to him. Nobody wanted to believe anymore. No matter how truthful the story may be.

I wonder. Why would one want a life like Stephen Glass’? Living in lie, tall tale and all but artificial scenery..

I am thankful I am no longer in spell bind. I am not one of the audiences of the magical show anymore.

The performance is over.

The end.

No comments: