Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Did It Ever Happen To You?

Back Stabber
“Did it ever happen to you?” A close friend of mine once asked me. I sensed the seriousness in her voice. “Happened what?” I asked. A long pause from her, she heaved a sigh and said, ”All along you thought you were so useful (valuable) for one person, and then after a while you figure things and find out the brutal hurtful truth, your existence was not good enough and all sham. You were nothing, of no use… worthless.”

I was a little surprised. Her face was straight, not a single tear fell. I presumed she’s all numbed. For the first time in my life, in that particular circumstance, I didn’t know how to react in response.

At one point in my life I also felt what my friend’s experiencing at that exact moment. I just didn’t know how to tell her our dissimilarity.. that right from the outset, I knew it was just all for convenience.

Did it ever happen to you?

No comments: